• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Impound: How long is too long? Do I have any Rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JCarrington

On November 25, 2000 I was involved in an auto accident that resaulted in the death of the other party. This accident caused my front windshield to be knocked out almost entirely. My car has been siting in the outdoor police impound since then, and I have gotten absoulutly NO word from the police. I wouldn't be upset if they'd just tell me something and wouldn't ignore my repeted phone calls. Not to mention that due to the recent weather and my vehicles condition my car's interior is most likely ruined. They have had my car for almost a month and a half now, with not so much as a word to me as to what is going on. I call the impound everyday and I have called and left plenty of messeges on the detective's answering machine (I can never seem to get a hold of him) and still nothing. Do I have any rights here or should I just shut up and come to grips with the fact that the biggest purchase in my life will end up being worth less then crap?

Thanks,
Jabari

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JCarrington said:
On November 25, 2000 I was involved in an auto accident that resaulted in the death of the other party. This accident caused my front windshield to be knocked out almost entirely. My car has been siting in the outdoor police impound since then, and I have gotten absoulutly NO word from the police. I wouldn't be upset if they'd just tell me something and wouldn't ignore my repeted phone calls. Not to mention that due to the recent weather and my vehicles condition my car's interior is most likely ruined. They have had my car for almost a month and a half now, with not so much as a word to me as to what is going on. I call the impound everyday and I have called and left plenty of messeges on the detective's answering machine (I can never seem to get a hold of him) and still nothing. Do I have any rights here or should I just shut up and come to grips with the fact that the biggest purchase in my life will end up being worth less then crap?

Thanks,
Jabari

My response:

Who was at fault for this accident ?

IAAL

J

JCarrington

I don't know. They haven't decided yet I guess nobody has contacted me sense. He was a pedestrian and he wasn't in the crosswalk though.

JCarrington

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">