• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police officer officer approaches while smoking cigarettes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

orestes120

What is the name of your state? PA

I got a pulled over for overtaking a vehicle on the right. While I was was being waved down the officer was smoking. He approaches my car while his cigarette is lite next to my car. I have asthma and I was wondering if there was any type of law that states and has to put out his cigarette before he approaches me? So does anyone know by any chance if he can legally do that?

ecmst12

Smoking is legal. And if you want to ask him to put it out, you should be REEEEALLY nice about it since he has the power to decide whether to write you a ticket or not. Your asthma is probably more affected by sitting on the side of the road with the window open for 15 minutes then by a cigarette near your open window for a minute or 2.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? PA

I got a pulled over for overtaking a vehicle on the right. While I was was being waved down the officer was smoking. He approaches my car while his cigarette is lite next to my car. I have asthma and I was wondering if there was any type of law that states and has to put out his cigarette before he approaches me? So does anyone know by any chance if he can legally do that?
Did you DIE? What are your damages?

Have you googled?

orestes120

Actually there is different types of asthma and different way they react. So in my case the smoke will do more damage then the cold air would.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">