• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police report in my favor,they claim no liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Arkon

State: Alabama
Quick accident summary:
Two lane road. I'm in left and other person in right in same direction. Person cuts across to pull a u-turn from the right lane. I slam on brakes and hit his driver side.
Person claims my fault and that they were in the left lane.
Police report in my favor. (States that if they were in the left lane the damage would be on his rear end instead of on driver's side)

I am 100% not liable by my insurance company. The other person is still claiming NOT LIABLE. So their ins will not pay for damages. I have no collision so even though I am not liable by my ins co...they will not pay for damages. I fear I will have to contest this in court. I need to have damages paid for. I just want my car to be fixed or to get enough to help out with the payment of a new car.

Any advice...or opinions that you can give to help me out would be greatly appreciated. Do you think the positive police report is enough for judgment to be in my favor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">