• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Report not true

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canida03

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I wrote about my accident awhile back on here. My problem is that I'm getting letters from Lawyers trying to get me to hire them even though the other driver has no damage(her or her car). When the police came to the scene, she didn't look at the cars or talk to us separately. All she saw was my back bumper gone and believed what the other driver said. She said in her opinion I was at fault, but it was up to my insurance and she did not cite me or give me a ticket. I believe that if she talked to us apart, she would have got more of what really happened. The other driver said that she was not moving and that I hit her when I clearly remember seeing her car moving into my lane when she hit me. I have no back bumper and have a huge dent above where my bumper was on my driver's side.

An attorney wrote me saying that I was at fault by the report and I am worry that her insurance will use it. Can they? Also, there was a car stopped in front of her and behind her and is I hit her like she said I did, I would have hit the car in front of her and I did not. And can she sue me without anything being wrong with her?

lwpat

I'm not sure that I understand your problem. You did not receive a ticket so you do not need an attorney for that. Your insurance is responsible for providing an attorney if the other party sues so again you do not need to retain your own attorney.

Your only problem is the damage to your vehicle. Since the police report says you were at fault then her insurance is not going to pay to have your vehicle repaired. You have the option of paying for it yourself, filing under your collision insurance, or filing suit against her in small claims.

C

canida03

We have full coverage on our car, so we have to pay $250 and that's all.My husband is just worry.
i wasn't able to tell the cop the whole story because the other driver kept cutting me off and lying. My insurance is going to look at both cars and decide who was at fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">