• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police wrote false info on police report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

niceguy07

What is the name of your state? California

well my mother was involved in a car accident where gravel on the road caused by a dirt carrying company across the street caused her to lose control and hit another vehicle. the police were called and until the police came one of the workers agreed it was from the sand and when the police came he called the paramedics and sent my mom to the hospital. He never got any information about the accident from my mom. my dad was there and the cop gave him the claim slip for the report. we went to get the report a couple days later and it states that my mother said that there was a car and when the car moved to the other lane she saw the other car and had no time to stop. the cop also wrote she was at an unsafe speed all without even talking to anyone (my dad or my mom). Also the cop wrote that there was no irregularities on the road where there was an option on the report sheet to put lose materials on the road.what can be done about this...this is very wrong and ruins our case for the sand not being there.

Thanks in advance.

teflon_jones

Are you worried about this with respect to an insurance settlement? What a police report says and what an insurance company will determine are not directly related. Give the correct account of the facts to your mother's insurance company and let them handle this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">