• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible arbitration???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

momo8

hi i live in california where the accident happende. is it common for the insurance company to offer more money after discovery, interrogs..production of documents.... will they want to avoid arbitration at almost all costs?

thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

momo8 said:
hi i live in california where the accident happende. is it common for the insurance company to offer more money after discovery, interrogs..production of documents.... will they want to avoid arbitration at almost all costs?

thanks
My response:

In California, arbitration is required. There's no avoiding it - - whether your case is good, bad or indifferent.

Depending on the estimated value of your case, your attorney could voluntarily ask for arbitration (which limits your potential award to $50,000.00) or, you could wait for the court to order you into arbitration (no limits, except those limits that are set up as a result of the court you filed in at the beginning; e.g., "Limited" or "Unlimited" jurisdiction).

But, arbitration you will go - - unless the parties agree to a settlement before arbitration.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">