• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ray k

My wife was diagnosed with an early stage breast cancer during a routine mammogram. A biopsy confirmed that it was cancerous. Surgery performed shortly thereafter. After the surgery, it was discovered that the surgeon operated and removed healthy tissue from the wrong area of the breast. The lump was still there. A second mamogram confirmed that the staple which was inserted during the biopsy to guide surgeon was still in place. New surgery is now sked. for next week with a new surgeon. Do I have a case for malpractice against this guy for the gross incompetence he exhibited not to mention having to go through all this again even though my wife tecnically is not injured?
I am from michigan.
[This message has been edited by ray k (edited October 17, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ray k (edited October 19, 2000).]

L

LawScott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ray k:
My wife was diagnosed with an early stage breast cancer during a routine mammogram. A biopsy confirmed that it was cancerous. Surgery performed shortly thereafter. After the surgery, it was discovered that the surgeon operated and removed healthy tissue from the wrong area of the breast. The lump was still there. A second mamogram confirmed that the staple which was inserted during the biopsy to guide surgeon was still in place. New surgery is now sked. for next week with a new surgeon. Do I have a case for malpractice against this guy for the gross incompetence he exhibited not to mention having to go through all this again even though my wife tecnically is not injured?

[This message has been edited by ray k (edited October 17, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always tell us the state. From what you say there could be a case of negligence. The question then would be degree of damage. GO see a PI attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">