• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Accident Rental Car, how much will Isurance pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GetsJets

What is the name of your state? Indiana....

I was in an accident. It was the other persons fault. My Jeep Cherokee is in the shop and the other driver's Insurance is handling the claim. They will be providing my rental car coverage in the meantime. They tell me I can only spend $36 a day, which gets me an economy car...?

I need a 4wd in this weather!!! That's why I own a 4WD Cherokee!

Can they dictate the rental agency I use? and Can I require a "Like" replacement in the abscence of my vehicle...ie; 4WD?

Please let me know what my rights are!!!!

racer72

The insurance company is only obligated to provide adequate transportation, and they are. If your requirements exceed what the insurance company will pay, you will have to pay the difference yourself.

J

josephw

what if adequate trans costs $100/day?

I'm in NY and every rental agency I have called so far will charge me at least $90 a day, most of them are more. The reason for this is that I am under the age of 25. Is the insurance company responsible for paying the underage surcharges also?

Think about it, it's not my fault that someone hit my car and now it will cost me a fortune for a temporary replacement.. so why should I suffer?

stephenk

pay the difference and then sue the other driver in small claims court to pay the balance. tell the other insurance company of your intentions and they may just cover the difference to avoid their insured being hassled with a lawsuit.

stephenk

by the way, you are not limited by what the other carrier claims they will pay. they may limit their own insured to $36/day but when push comes to shove they will pay your rental bill in full

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">