• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Deposition and Forward

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

edkrane

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? OR

My attorney believes my case against a motorist who struck my vehicle has only a 60-40 chance of recovery of damages, and that I may end up with nothing. We're already past the deposition phase and have two months to trial. My case essentially is dependent upon the veracity of one witness' statements of tailgating by the other vehicle, and of my neurologist who stated the onset of physical symptoms were a result of of trauma from the accident.
At this point I'm trying to gauge the probability of a settlement in or out of court inasmuch as I am broke and I've had out of pocket expenses near $2,000. I am not greedy, I just want to be made whole for my real losses and real suffering. I cannot afford to lose. Does anyone have some insight as to where this might go, or what are some possible outcomes? Thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

edkrane said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? OR

My attorney believes my case against a motorist who struck my vehicle has only a 60-40 chance of recovery of damages, and that I may end up with nothing. We're already past the deposition phase and have two months to trial. My case essentially is dependent upon the veracity of one witness' statements of tailgating by the other vehicle, and of my neurologist who stated the onset of physical symptoms were a result of of trauma from the accident.
At this point I'm trying to gauge the probability of a settlement in or out of court inasmuch as I am broke and I've had out of pocket expenses near $2,000. I am not greedy, I just want to be made whole for my real losses and real suffering. I cannot afford to lose. Does anyone have some insight as to where this might go, or what are some possible outcomes? Thank you.

My response:

Simple answer. No.

We can't read your file, and we can't tell what your attorney may be doing right or wrong.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">