• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pothole Damage: Do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Donaldson

justalayman said:
The question was pertinent to the situation.<snip>
Tell me, why are you hanging around in a legal advice forum? You don't even have basic logic down, and now you're dispensing legal advice? Consider me pointing and laughing.

And no, your question wasn't a pertinent one. It was came out of left field and was irrelevant. It also shows you didn't pay attention to my previous post, you know, the one with a link to the pic of a parking lot of a strip mall that's open to the public. If I was "trespassing" I would've qualified my question and stated so. Dur.

Have fun with your POS car. If they didn't feel it is worth spending the $1100 to fix it, it must be a real gem. Enjoy.
Have fun hanging around in a legal advice forums attempting to answer questions that you aren't qualified to answer, although I think you'd feel more at home at a troll board.

BelizeBreeze- I specifically asked a question to another board member, your claim of irrelevence notwithstanding. Should you have the answer to my questions and feel like contributing to that end, be my guest.

BelizeBreeze

Ian Donaldson said:
BelizeBreeze- I specifically asked a question to another board member, your claim of irrelevence notwithstanding. Should you have the answer to my questions and feel like contributing to that end, be my guest.
You have been given your answer ad nausem. The fact that you cannot or wil not accept it is not my problem.

I gave you the reason you were offered the amount of money you were offered.

Simply put, your attitude sucks. And I feel no compassion nor compunction to help further.

If you require an answer from someone who you can continue this childish game, then hire an attorney at $200 an hour. I'm not playing any longer.

You have your answer. Either accept the money offered and move on or not, and move to court which will result in you losing even more money.

Ian Donaldson

BelizeBreeze said:
You have been given your answer ad nausem. The fact that you cannot or wil not accept it is not my problem.
The fact you have a problem with reading comprehension is not my problem. I asked two entirely new questions, and although they may seem irrelevant to you I'd genuinely like to know the answer to them. Again:

Q: Can they legally deny someone's request for this information, and if I'm correct in my assumption, did they violate any law by not submitting my claim?
That said, you've contributed nothing to this thread.

Simply put, your attitude sucks. And I feel no compassion nor compunction to help further.
Simply put, your commentary was unsolicited and in as much as "help" goes, I wouldn't say "further".

If you require an answer from someone who you can continue this childish game, then hire an attorney at $200 an hour. I'm not playing any longer.
Apparently you missed the part where I was offered what I originally asked for. The money is no longer the issue. I asked about the legality of their claim and what I believe they have neglected to do. The only "game" here is the one where your self-aggrandizing statements are attempting to pass as relevant. Game over.

moburkes

Insurance

Ian Donaldson said:
Tell me this: I have reason to believe they hadn't even submitted my claim to their insurance company. When they talked to my wife earlier this afternoon they first tried to talk her into accepting $400 which she rejected, and proceeded to asked them for their insurance information. They denied her, citing they were no obligation to do so, and proceeded to offer her the $550 which I had originally asked for.

Q: Can they legally deny someone's request for this information, and if I'm correct in my assumption, did they violate any law by not submitting my claim? Of course there's a chance that I'm wrong, but I suspect two things:

1. they wanted to play "the waiting game"; make me wait until my window of opportunity for filing a court case had expired

2. that they withheld their information because not only did they not file my claim, but they did so because they don't want their premium to increase

Such as?
No, they are not required to prvide you with their insurance information. If you accept their out-of-pocket offer, there is no reason for them to involve their insurance company. (Just like if there was an auto accident).

However, they could involve their insurance company to defend them against you if they choose to. And you could involve your insurance company to defend you. Keep in mind that your insurance company will probably consider the accident to be your fault, so while they might offer a defense for you, the underwriting department would be waiting to raise your premiums.

If I worked in the underwriting department of your insurance company, and it was time to renew your policy, you would be charged with an at fault accident.

AHA

Ian Donaldson said:
The fact you have a problem with reading comprehension is not my problem. I asked two entirely new questions, and although they may seem irrelevant to you I'd genuinely like to know the answer to them. Again:

That said, you've contributed nothing to this thread.

Simply put, your commentary was unsolicited and in as much as "help" goes, I wouldn't say "further".

Apparently you missed the part where I was offered what I originally asked for. The money is no longer the issue. I asked about the legality of their claim and what I believe they have neglected to do. The only "game" here is the one where your self-aggrandizing statements are attempting to pass as relevant. Game over.
FYI, BB is a lawyer. Ignore whatever responses you don't feel is irrelevant, but spewing an bad attitude is not going to get more people to help you unfortunately.

Since they have now offered $550, I'm I right in assuming that you accepted that offer? If that's the case, then all of this is a waste of time, since the situation has already been solved.

Last edited:

Ian Donaldson

AHA said:
FYI, BB is a lawyer.
Yes, and Bozo is a clown, Richard Simmons is a man, Michael Jackson is a father and Madonna is a modern day sex symbol. BTW, you are a funny guy.

Ignore whatever responses you don't feel is irrelevant, but spewing an bad attitude is not going to get more people to help you unfortunately.
Do you prefer "slow" or "drooling retard"?

Since they have now offered $550, I'm I right in assuming that you accepted that offer? If that's the case, then all of this is a waste of time, since the situation has already been solved.
Drooling retard it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">