• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre-existing damage with insurance situation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annielim

What is the name of your state? Massachussetts

My brother let a friend drive his car. She accidentally bumped into the car in front of her at a red light from starting to go too early. In any case, the result of the accident was a scratch. There was already a huge dent in the left side of the bumper of the other car from some previous accident.
Problem is, my brother's insurance won't cover the accident since the primary driver wasn't driving. The driver of the other car wants her bumper replaced, although the only damage my brother did would require a bit of paint. Is there any way to prove that the damage was pre-existing? Since insurance companies aren't involved, is there someone that can do an inspection? How do we make sure she gets a fair estimate?
Thanks so much for your help.

teflon_jones

The other party needs to provide a reasonable estimate to fix only the damages caused by this accident. If they don't, don't pay and wait for them to take you to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">