• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnancy precluding treatment of auto injuries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

_trublu_

South Carolina

Hello all! I was involved in an auto accident last month that was not my fault (Lady pulled out in front of me) and injured my shoulder and neck. I had been to a GP but had decided that he was messing about and that I needed to see an orthopoedist. When I went to the ortho it was discovered that I am pregnant. Obviously now I cannot be x-rayed, scanned, etc.

What do you suggest? The lady's ins adjuster has been very nice, sent me a (very small) check for my car, and other than ringing me every week and suggesting I settle has been OK.

But now there's this. What do I do? I'm in constant pain but I can only be treated in a limited manner now. I can't even take any painkillers except Tylenol and oxycodone. I can't drive at all (or hang up clothes or pick up my toddler or reach things on a high shelf).

Plus the bills from the hospital and the ambulance are piling up...

T

_trublu_

I am currently getting WC for an injury incurred at my job prior to this accident, yes. No, it is not my ankle.

Does this pertain to this question?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!(on the baby) :D

Since you are still in pain...I would continue therapy. VERY IMPORTANT!!! Do not settle if you are still in pain. Please consider a consultation with a Personal Injury attorney......trust me it will be worth your while. Hope this helps :)

A

Arizona Renter

DO NOT SETTLE with the insurance company. If you doctor can tell you exactly how far along you have been pregnant, and the time is before your accident, do not settle. Reason is this: you do not know what damage the fetus sustained, and if you settle, if your child is born with any defects, you can not sue for additional money. Consult with an attorney immediately and not one from a billboard or T.V. most have a free initial consultation, so see several.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">