• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Price for pain?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AlliB

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? ALabama...I was in an accident in which the other driver was found 100% at fault. Her insurance company gave me what I consider a fair price for my car which was totaled. I sustained second degree burns on my right arm from the air bag and now am dealing with the adjuster about that. Everything I read says to use medical expenses as a tool in calculating pain and suffering, but I had very few bills. only doctor visits and burn cream. I was in significant pain for 10 days and have some scarring. I didn't rent a replacement car, because I couldn't bend my arm well enough to drive. I was taxied around by friends. I just want to settle this and be done, but have no idea what to ask for...the adjuster is not very pleasant on the phone, so I plan to handle this in writing. I do have pictures of my burns on my forearm and elbow. Thanks

I

Irrepressable

I'm not sure...

Hi,

I'm not sure what a "fair" price for being burned would be - that's a very painful injury.

I know that I was in an accident (two, actually - none my fault) and the first time I received $6,000.

The second time, the fellow was drunk and driving without a license. I was more seriously injured (Walked with a cane for about a year) and after the doctors were paid, the attorney was paid, I got about $46,000.

Never been in your state, but there's got to be something on the internet...

Try searching for:

auto accident, Alabama, burns, settlement

See what you get.

:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">