• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Property Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SteveMc

State: California

The car I hit was not on the sholder of a rural road (Public Property). It was up on a field access road simi hidden in a orange tree (Private Property).

I hit the car with my ATV. I did not know the CA law (I am a FL resident), so I gave the person my insurance. I only broke a turn signal light, but they are now claiming I broke the entire front end and the car is not drivable. I have a witness to the dammage. There was no witnesses to the actual accedint.

Am I libal for the dammage caused to this persons car. I am pretty sure this accedent falls under CA VEHICLE CODE SECTION 16000.1-B (Not a reportable Accident. At least to law enforcement)

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

stephenk

report it to your insurance company and let them deal with it.

if you believe the damage is less than $500 you do not need to report the accident to the DMV.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">