• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soybean

my father died 11 years ago in nys leaving a small estate-enough cash to pay his funeral and bills and a mobile home in florida which he left to his girlfriend. i am the executor. shortly after his death i filed the will, paid his bills and turned the papers on the property over to his girlfriend. i thought that was all i had to do. recently she called saying she can't have the property put in her name until probate is completed. I've obtained consent to probate forms from court for my siblings to fill out. how long do they have to complete the forms? should they return them to me or the court? what if they don't respond or refuse to sign? this woman was not well liked and i'm afraid they won't be cooperative. also, she is now claiming she is owed a fee for taking care of dad in his last days. there was never any discussion, oral agreement or written contract concerning any fee. i'm assuming she is just trying to move things along with probate, but does she have a case? thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">