• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with an insurance adjuster.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmf

What is the name of your state? West Virginia.

On December 22, 2004 my wife and I were involved in an automobile accident. The other drivers insurance company is not denying he was as fault. However, their adjuster is offering us about $500.00 dollars less than the lowest estitmate we have. He said we could take it to any repair shop and they would repair the car for that amount. We called the insurance commisoner's office and they have been no help. What should be our next step. Should we send a demand letter to the driver for payment. The total repair cost is about $4000.00.

Lynx 36

Put your vehicle into the shop of your choice and get the repairs started. If there is a supplement the body shop will contact the adjustor from the other insurance company to authorize additional repairs if necessary. Don't worry about the price, be concerned that the necessary repairs are done. If the adjustor can haggle a lower price w/ the body shop, who cares. Just make sure the proper repairs are done to indemnify you.

Eric Vickery

The same thing happened to me, I ended up taking them to small claims court-I won by default they never showed. Just make sure that you don't plan to sue them for medical bills as well, I don't know about other states but in Idaho once you take someone to court for property damage you can't take them for injury.

Lynx 36

Quote: "but in Idaho once you take someone to court for property damage you can't take them for injury."

Really? Most states look at PD & BI as two separate issues. Doesn't seem right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">