• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

progressive is ready to deny claim please help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

judo tom

What is the name of your state? PA

I lived in pa I had a job in nj until 4/1/04 as of 4/2/04 i lived in pa 100%

my ins. company found out i had a job in nj and is now asking for lots of information and is looking for a way to deny the claim. i already gave 1 recorded statement over the phone now the want me to come in person to give a recorded statement.. they stated that failure to show up would look bad on my part..

they are asking for id,bank statements, utility bills, cell phone records, tax statements for 2 years

I really dont want to give them any of this. but ok i have id the bills in pa were not in my name. I do not have a bank acct in my name due to past credit history problems that prevents me from opening any new accts but i do have an acct in my sisters name that i used exclusively. cell phone i can provide and it will show that all my calls were to pa numbers or my family in ny very few nj calls

also i told them that i now work 1hr from home where the meeting was schedule and that they would need to reschedule for 6pm or later.. claims guy said that was impossible and that i would have to make arrangements.. i just started this job and wont risk leaving for a day to help the ins. company as there is no need cause any information can be transmitted via telephone or fax.

this is a theft claim btw the car is worth approx 10,000 with me still owing a finance company 6k leaves me with around 3-4k i talked to 1 lawyer who said if i need help they would take 33% of the total claim (10,000)

what should i do? should i get a lawyer just to make sure i get my 6k back to the bank? do i really need a lawyer?

i just dont want to screw this up. how can i prove that i lived in pa and that they should pay me

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

JETX

Bottom line.... where EXACTLY was the vehicle 'garaged or parked' during the policy period???

Simply, the insurance companies are very experienced in the scam of a person claiming to live in a lower-premium state or county when they really live elsewhere (higher premium). Clearly, that is their concern and if they can show that the vehicle was more than likely 'garaged or parked' elsewhere, they can deny your coverage as being a fraudulent application.

So, what PROOF can you provide that you actually lived at, or garaged/parked the vehicle at the address shown on the policy??

judo tom

JETX said:
Bottom line.... where EXACTLY was the vehicle 'garaged or parked' during the policy period???

Simply, the insurance companies are very experienced in the scam of a person claiming to live in a lower-premium state or county when they really live elsewhere (higher premium). Clearly, that is their concern and if they can show that the vehicle was more than likely 'garaged or parked' elsewhere, they can deny your coverage as being a fraudulent application.

So, what PROOF can you provide that you actually lived at, or garaged/parked the vehicle at the address shown on the policy??
the vehicle was stolen in pa and stolen on 5/21 again from 4/2 to 5/21 i only lived in pa

before 4/1 the car was not exclusively garaged in pa but i am not sure how much time out of pa is needed to deny claim and how much i have to prove it was in pa to get my claim

i am going to talk to a lawyer about this (it was stolen right outside his house) is this a good idea?

what else can you guys tell me about cases like this?

thanks again

judo tom

You Are Guilty said:
When and where was the car stolen ?

What did you tell your insurance company about your use of the car to drive to work in NJ?
car stolen 5/21 and stolen in scranton

i have not told the claims adjuster anything yet. he found out i worked in nj but he hasnt even told me yet i only know cause i still talk with people from my old job

thanks again

JETX

judo tom said:
the vehicle was stolen in pa and stolen on 5/21 again from 4/2 to 5/21 i only lived in pa
Okay, lets try this ONE MORE TIME......

Where (state/county) does the insurance policy show the vehicle to be garaged/parked???

and

Where (state/county) were YOU actually living at the time the loss was incurred??

and finally...

If the two locations above are different.... how long did you LIVE at the address where the losss was incurred???

judo tom

ok insurance policy says scranton pa

AT TIME OFF LOSS i was living in scranton pa and was not working in nj prior to loss ( if that matters) i was not exclusively in scranton pa

what im wondering about is if the fact that before the loss since i was not in scranton 100% of the time can they deny claim.

Thanks again and sorry i was vague im just not sure whats important/relevant and i dont want to go in front of these guys and say something dumb/ignorant that would give them a reason to deny my claim.

JETX said:
Okay, lets try this ONE MORE TIME......

Where (state/county) does the insurance policy show the vehicle to be garaged/parked???

and

Where (state/county) were YOU actually living at the time the loss was incurred??

and finally...

If the two locations above are different.... how long did you LIVE at the address where the losss was incurred???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">