+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    judo tom is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16

    progressive is ready to deny claim please help!!!

    What is the name of your state? PA

    I lived in pa I had a job in nj until 4/1/04 as of 4/2/04 i lived in pa 100%

    my ins. company found out i had a job in nj and is now asking for lots of information and is looking for a way to deny the claim. i already gave 1 recorded statement over the phone now the want me to come in person to give a recorded statement.. they stated that failure to show up would look bad on my part..

    they are asking for id,bank statements, utility bills, cell phone records, tax statements for 2 years

    I really dont want to give them any of this. but ok i have id the bills in pa were not in my name. I do not have a bank acct in my name due to past credit history problems that prevents me from opening any new accts but i do have an acct in my sisters name that i used exclusively. cell phone i can provide and it will show that all my calls were to pa numbers or my family in ny very few nj calls

    also i told them that i now work 1hr from home where the meeting was schedule and that they would need to reschedule for 6pm or later.. claims guy said that was impossible and that i would have to make arrangements.. i just started this job and wont risk leaving for a day to help the ins. company as there is no need cause any information can be transmitted via telephone or fax.

    this is a theft claim btw the car is worth approx 10,000 with me still owing a finance company 6k leaves me with around 3-4k i talked to 1 lawyer who said if i need help they would take 33% of the total claim (10,000)

    what should i do? should i get a lawyer just to make sure i get my 6k back to the bank? do i really need a lawyer?

    i just dont want to screw this up. how can i prove that i lived in pa and that they should pay me

    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
  2. #2
    You Are Guilty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    10,935
    When and where was the car stolen ?

    What did you tell your insurance company about your use of the car to drive to work in NJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquility
    Once you get to crazy land, it is only a guess on how to get out.
  3. #3
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Bottom line.... where EXACTLY was the vehicle 'garaged or parked' during the policy period???

    Simply, the insurance companies are very experienced in the scam of a person claiming to live in a lower-premium state or county when they really live elsewhere (higher premium). Clearly, that is their concern and if they can show that the vehicle was more than likely 'garaged or parked' elsewhere, they can deny your coverage as being a fraudulent application.

    So, what PROOF can you provide that you actually lived at, or garaged/parked the vehicle at the address shown on the policy??
  4. #4
    judo tom is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by JETX
    Bottom line.... where EXACTLY was the vehicle 'garaged or parked' during the policy period???

    Simply, the insurance companies are very experienced in the scam of a person claiming to live in a lower-premium state or county when they really live elsewhere (higher premium). Clearly, that is their concern and if they can show that the vehicle was more than likely 'garaged or parked' elsewhere, they can deny your coverage as being a fraudulent application.

    So, what PROOF can you provide that you actually lived at, or garaged/parked the vehicle at the address shown on the policy??
    the vehicle was stolen in pa and stolen on 5/21 again from 4/2 to 5/21 i only lived in pa

    before 4/1 the car was not exclusively garaged in pa but i am not sure how much time out of pa is needed to deny claim and how much i have to prove it was in pa to get my claim

    i am going to talk to a lawyer about this (it was stolen right outside his house) is this a good idea?

    what else can you guys tell me about cases like this?

    thanks again
  5. #5
    judo tom is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by You Are Guilty
    When and where was the car stolen ?

    What did you tell your insurance company about your use of the car to drive to work in NJ?
    car stolen 5/21 and stolen in scranton

    i have not told the claims adjuster anything yet. he found out i worked in nj but he hasnt even told me yet i only know cause i still talk with people from my old job

    thanks again
  6. #6
    JETX is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Somnambulist University
    Posts
    40,807
    Quote Originally Posted by judo tom
    the vehicle was stolen in pa and stolen on 5/21 again from 4/2 to 5/21 i only lived in pa
    Okay, lets try this ONE MORE TIME......

    Where (state/county) does the insurance policy show the vehicle to be garaged/parked???

    and

    Where (state/county) were YOU actually living at the time the loss was incurred??

    and finally...

    If the two locations above are different.... how long did you LIVE at the address where the losss was incurred???
  7. #7
    judo tom is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16
    ok insurance policy says scranton pa

    AT TIME OFF LOSS i was living in scranton pa and was not working in nj prior to loss ( if that matters) i was not exclusively in scranton pa

    what im wondering about is if the fact that before the loss since i was not in scranton 100% of the time can they deny claim.

    Thanks again and sorry i was vague im just not sure whats important/relevant and i dont want to go in front of these guys and say something dumb/ignorant that would give them a reason to deny my claim.



    Quote Originally Posted by JETX
    Okay, lets try this ONE MORE TIME......

    Where (state/county) does the insurance policy show the vehicle to be garaged/parked???



    and

    Where (state/county) were YOU actually living at the time the loss was incurred??

    and finally...

    If the two locations above are different.... how long did you LIVE at the address where the losss was incurred???
  8. #8
    judo tom is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16
    Please if anyone else has any info or advice they can give i would really appreciate it.

    Thanks again.

Similar Threads

  1. Can Progressive deny my claim? Need help in GA
    By jl482083 in forum Auto Accidents and Vehicle Claims
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 08:33 PM
  2. What happens when insurance deny a claim
    By mytthtoothfairy in forum Homeowners Insurance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 08:11 PM
  3. can insurance deny dwi claim
    By j2005 in forum Drunk Driving / DUI / DWI
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
  4. Ins co. trying to deny claim
    By herbgreen in forum Health Insurance and HMO Plans
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2004, 10:46 AM
  5. Movers Deny Claim
    By TTaylor31 in forum Starting and Operating a Business
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2000, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 1995-2012 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.