• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proof of liability?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

strucku

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? CA

A rock from a truck cracked my windshield on the freeway. The company says that unless I have further proof that it came from the truck, they are not liable. What can I use as "proof" besides the fact that I saw it?
TIA

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

strucku said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? CA

A rock from a truck cracked my windshield on the freeway. The company says that unless I have further proof that it came from the truck, they are not liable. What can I use as "proof" besides the fact that I saw it?
TIA

My response:

It wouldn't matter if you could "prove" it came from the truck. It could have even been kicked up from a car. This is one of the hazards of driving. It happens. This same situation has been fought in the courts time and time again. It's the same answer - - no liability.

Make a claim through your own insurance.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">