• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wnduo

What is the name of your state? Maryland

22 Jul 2003, my car was towed while I was in VA. The tow company damaged my vehicle and is claiming they aren't responsible. I have already contacted my insurance company and they paid for the damages. The total cost of the damage was $618.00. I have in my possession the damaged parts, a write up of what caused the damage from the mechanic and a witness that was with me to verify my car was damaged after it was towed.

1. Can I sue the tow company for the entire $618.00 or just the deductible I had to pay which was $150.00?

2. Can I also sue for the $85.00 that I had to pay to reclaim my damaged vehicle?

3. Can I sue the tow company in small claims court in the state of MD?

P.S.- I'm very angry these people aren't accepting responsibility for the damage. They cursed the claims adjuster from my insurance company, refused to supply insurance info and basically said they were not paying for the damages. What else can I do to make life miserable for these people?
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

racer72

1. No. Just your actual out of pocket expenses.

2. Not if the tow was legit.

3. No, you would have to sue in the towing company's home county in VA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">