• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ISABL

What is the name of your state? ohio

my husband backed into a fence at a campground in MI.
the owner took some information from him but no insurance info.
he sent us a estimate for the damages. ny husband says the amount is outrageous. the owner also wants our chek to be made out to him. my question is should this be submited to his business or home owners insurance or should we submit this to our car insurance. we are certainly not going to pay him direct. we just wanted to know the best way to handle this so the owner gets a resonable amount.

stephenk

submit it to your own carrier. Most likely they will the pay amount he is demanding. There is no requirement that the campground owner has to submit a claim to his own carrier.

Do you have any information that the estimate is not accurate? Do you have pictures of the damage to the fence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">