• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage Relese, should i sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paj

What is the name of your state? IL

I am concerned about the languare of this "property damage only" release forms. In pariticulay when it advise any and all claims. Is it ok to sign or does it need to be changed? Thanks for looking!

For the sole consider of $ the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the undersigned releases and forever discharge John & Jane Doe, their heirs, executors, administrators, agents and assigns, all other persons, firms or corporations liable , or who may be claimed to be liable, none of whom admit liability tot eh undersigned, but all expressly deny any liability, form any and all claims, demands or suits of any kind on account of and resulting from damage to property caused by an accident on or about 30th of December at or near IL

The release expressly reserves all rights of the parties to pursue their legal remedies, if any against the undersigned, heir heirs, executors, agents and assigns.

Undersigned declared that the terms of this settlement have been complety read and are fully understood and voluntarily accepted for the purpose of making a full and final compromise, adjustment and settlement of any and all claims, disputed or otherwise, on account of damages above mentioned and for the express purpose of precluding forever any further or additional claims relating to property damage arising out of the aforesaid accident.

stephenk

have the insurance company send you a release that specifically releases the property damage claim only. they sent you a general release. don't sign it.

paj

Thanks, for the quick response.

I just want to confirm your response. The title of the document is " Release of all claims for Property damage only". So is the title ok but the language i showed funny.

Also should the check have language such as " For property damage only" or any other type of reference.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">