• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Damage to Tire Rim during flat fix

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mdornbus

If a company damages the rim during a flat fix but does not indicate on the contract that they are not responsible for damage but they do have a sign posted but they admit the damage was done by careless us of the equipment are they liable to replace the rim?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Depends on where the sign is. Also, waiver of liability to something like that, if not in the contract, is usually not enforceable. I will tell you why --> you never agreed to it because you never signed anything agreeing to it, thus a sign cannot be considered a contract because there was no agreement.

Thus, feel free to bill them for the lesser of : repair or loss of value to the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">