• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Psychotherapy after an auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ghaggin

My girlfriend was in an auto accident in California where the other driver was at fault and sustained injuries. She is complaining that she now has anxiety and has trouble while driving and has even had to pull off the road. She has had nightmares about the accident and trouble sleeping. Is Psychotherapy covered and recoverable from the other parties insurance company and calculated into pain and suffering?

ALawyer

If there is really post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) she could get medical treatment for it under the medical damages portion of her own auto coverage unless it is specifically excluded under her policy. As to claiming it against the other side and using it to increase damages - her lawyer had best advise her. The issue will be whether this was reasonably necessary.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">