• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public or Livery Conveyance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandomarvo

What is the name of your state? California

My wife works for a firm that provides personal and financial services for clients. Her employer requests that she transport a client to and from medical appointments from time to time. Our personal auto policy says coverage is not provided when an otherwise insured automobile is used as a publicy or livery conveyance. Will my personal auto policy provide coverage if there is an accident during one of these client transport situations? The company charges a fee to clients based on hours of service provided and not for specific services. I think my wife should avoid this use of our personal automobile. What do you think?

teflon_jones

mandomarvo said:
I think my wife should avoid this use of our personal automobile. What do you think?
I think you're right. Your wife's company needs to provide supplementary coverage to her or you could be in big trouble if she gets in an accident.

mandomarvo

Thanks

I appreciate the response. I have been unable to find any discussion of this issue beyond - "a shared expense carpool is not excluded." It helps to hear another voice.

stephenk

the employer will need to purchase a policy covering your wife's vehicle during its use as a business transport.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">