• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased car online from out of state, not as discribed.Need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoxkid

What is the name of your state? California. Ok, from the top.I saw a car on E-bay it was located in Ma., 1964 Rambler convertible and the dealer listed his phone number so I called him and told him I wanted the car and did not want to wait for the auction to end, he said ok and gave me his bank account no. to deposit the money so I did. The discription on the car was " Great car, no rust, runs like new." When the car arrived it barely ran and was pushed off the trailer, after further inspection I found substantial rust on the frame and both quarter pannels in plain veiw. The reason I wanted the car was because it was "Rust Free" I called the guy and he acted suprised that there were problems and told me to take some pictures and send them to him to witch I did the next day and sent them next day air. He did not call me, so I called him four days later, and he was out of the office, so I asked the guy that answered the phone if he was the owner and he said yes, he said that if I had a reciept for the car he would talk to me about it, but the reciept that I was given was from a diffrent company. He will not return my calls, it has been two weeks. The reciept he gave me was for a 1000$ dollars on a diffrent companys bill of sale, I paid him 6000$ dollars for the car. I need to know what my options are? Please help!

Last edited:

stephenk

in what state does the buyer reside? you would need to go to that state or hire an attorney in that state to sue for a refund of the purchase price. I am not saying you will win, but that is what you would need to do.

motoxkid

Re:

Sorry, the car came from Mass. What about the 1000$ reciept he gave me? Can I use this against him to try and recoop some money by telling him im going to report it to DMV in Calif. or Mass.? On what grounds can I sue him on? misrepresenting the car? Thanks.

Last edited:

djohnson

babymakesone said:
Have you used any of ebay's services regarding the sale?

He can't because the sell wasn't thru ebay. The seller ended it early. I don't think you will have much luck. You should have checked the car out before purchasing.

motoxkid

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

There's nothing you can do, or will do. You're stuck. Caveat Emptor, "brain wave". Look it up.

IAAL
My response: I will get the last word! :eek:

motoxkid

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Yes, you will, as long as the "last words" you repeat to yourself are, "I own a rust-bucket old Rambler."

IAAL
How about, " I own a piece of your Moms Ass" Tap-Tap. Be sure to say hello for me, you little *******. Look that up.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

motoxkid said:
How about, " I own a piece of your Moms Ass" Tap-Tap. Be sure to say hello for me, you little *******. Look that up.

My response:

You'd love my Mom. She's dead, ass-bite.

But, your "REALITY" is that you're stupid, you're out thousands of dollars, and you're not going to do anything about it.

That's your reality, schmuck.

IAAL

JETX

motoxkid said:
My response: I will get the last word! :eek:
Hey, peter breath. I have a really good, slightly used bridge in Brooklyn for sale, "Great bridge, no rust, looks like new". I can let you have it real cheap. Just send cash!! :D

Don't you just love it when one of these punk, smart-ass, spoiled little brats get his ass handed to him... and yet still THINKS he can win??? :p

The only thing he 'wins' is a rusty old POS car that probably isn't worth the cost of hauling it across country. Anyone want to bet that he didn't even get any photographs or 'independent statements' before he sent his cash to a stranger?? Hell, he deserves to be taken.

motoxkid

JETX said:
Hey, peter breath. I have a really good, slightly used bridge in Brooklyn for sale, "Great bridge, no rust, looks like new". I can let you have it real cheap. Just send cash!! :D

Don't you just love it when one of these punk, smart-ass, spoiled little brats get his ass handed to him... and yet still THINKS he can win??? :p

The only thing he 'wins' is a rusty old POS car that probably isn't worth the cost of hauling it across country. Anyone want to bet that he didn't even get any photographs or 'independent statements' before he sent his cash to a stranger?? Hell, he deserves to be taken.
Hey dick wads, I worked my ass off for everything I own including a 950,000$ dollar house that I owe 100,000$ on, not bad for a kid without a high school diploma. I just love it when I here storys of losers like yourself, that mom and dad shelled out thousands of dollars for your education and your still whyning for mommys nipple. I came on this site to get a professional opinion and end up with a bunch of wanna be Judge Judys shooting off at the lip. Oh ya, forgot about the phone call I recieved today after I faxed over the bogus reciept and the missrepresented add from E-Bay and a threat to sue to the loser (much like yourself) and to my supprise (NOT) the guy said get a coulpe of estimates and he will pay it. So smart ass, what do you have for me now? Still wanna bet your mom and dads house? Later loser boy!

teflon_jones

Anybody that had a $950K house that he only owed $100K on, and had earned the money to buy it, would never have been taken advantage of in such a stupid way. Nor would he be driving a Rambler!

I'm sure this guy is going to pay for the repairs. Just like he sent you a rust-free car. :rolleyes:

I also have a bridge I'd like to sell you, but it's in London. It's called the Tower Bridge, and you can have it for only $5000. Just send me a check and I'll send you the title to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">