• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mdlax84

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My girlfriend told me today that she is being sued by a man whose car that she hit in an accident last year. She said that the man tried to get the money from her insurance but that they wouldnt give him what he wanted so now he's sueing her for money that is in her name. (she is 17) She has a college fun worth about 30,000 and the man is sueing for 50,000. I just have a couple questions. I thought that if she was insured at the time of the accident then the insurrance company is liable for the damages, meaning the man couldnt sue for HER money directly, jsut her insurance money. Am i correct??? IN what instance could he sue her directly?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">