• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tksamps

What is the name of your state? rhode island
i was recently on vacation in quebec, canada and i stayed the night at a hotel in sherbrooke, quebec, canada on the way to quebec city. my car was stolen from the parking lot. when we found out the car was gone, we contacted the front desk and they called the police and the hotel manager. during the course of filling out the paperwork, i asked the manager if many cars were stolen here and he told me "more than one a month". i asked him if due to this high occurence if any added security measures had been taken and he said that "it was not worth it for one car a month." do I have any legal basis to sue for my car and personal belongings that i lost due to the fact that they were aware of a problem??

tammy8

File it under your comp coverage for the theif of the vehicle and your personal property under your homeowner's/renter's insurance. If your insurance company feels that the hotel was atfault (doubt it will) they will subrogiate with the hotel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">