• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lby

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

My mother was involved in a car wreck about a month ago, She ran a red light(she swears it was green) Anyway, she wrecked with another car. Ok when me and my dad show up. No one was hurt. Thank god. The people that hit her were the scuzziest looking people I have ever seen. Anyway, they were up and walking around and bitching about how my mom ran the red light(jeez shoot her!) and they never even walked over to ask her if she was ok. Anyway, it was a guy and a girl. When I was there, the guy was sitting behind the wheel. Well when we look at the police report, it stated her as the driver. Anyway now they are claiming injuries and wanting money (figures) Yes there were witnesses.

So can they sue my mom? or the insurance company? Will her premium go up? Its her first accident.

P.S. I looked up their insurance company, it is a company for high risk drivers.

G

gung

Unfortunately

Unfortunately Iby, anyone can sue anyone in this day and age. What your Mom and Dad need to do is get in contact with the witnesses who were at the accident and saw the condition of the people there and the exact position of the cars and whether the light was red or green for your Mom and for the other car. Sometimes people remember things differently for their own best interests and sometimes folks make stuff up just to try to get something out of it. This is why your auto insurance card should say on the back of it to not admit guilt to an accident when it occurs, to try to get the information on how to contact all of the witnesses at the accident scene for future reference because those people are the objective story tellers they don't get a penny either way, and finally never forget to share insurance information with the other party or parties (people in the car(s) in the accident you have an accident with and get their insurance information on the spot and wait for police do not move the cars or leave until police arrive. If you follow these simple steps you will be best off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">