• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Revelation

Colorado

Hopefully some of you can help me out here. Back in Aug 2005 I had a motorcycle accident, nothing serious. I had a passenger on the back of my bike, she was ok with just a bruised shoulder; I wasin the same "boat." I offered to provide insurance info at that time to make sure she was ok, she declined. Keep in mind we were dating at this time to. When she went in to have a doctor check out her shoulder, I offered to pay the co-pay and any prescription she might get, she declined.

She went off to college and I heard from her sparatically. She contacted me about two months after the accident and said that the fee for the doctor's visit showed up on her credit report and she demanded I pay for it. I had no problem doing that, this call was on a Wed; I told her to see me anytime after the following Mon. I didn't her from her for a few weeks, she'd only call to tell me she got drunk and partied.

Now today, 24 Feb 06, I get a txt message that she needs my insurance info to file a claim. I'm aware the statute of limitations is 2 yrs in Colorado, my question is this:

What can I do - I have no problem taking care of my responsibilities, but I feel this is more out of spite or retribution as I have declined to date her any further sometime ago. I know she's been partying and playing sports in college, I don't want to pay for something else that happened to her. I also know she has ridden on other motorcycles since then, but I'm not aware of any accidents, but I don't know for sure.

If she had wanted to file a claim immediately, I would have been all for it, but she waits this long after turning down everything I have offered up to this point.

What suggestions do you all have?

Thanks for anything...
Rev

seniorjudge

Revelation said:
Colorado

Hopefully some of you can help me out here. Back in Aug 2005 I had a motorcycle accident, nothing serious. I had a passenger on the back of my bike, she was ok with just a bruised shoulder; I wasin the same "boat." I offered to provide insurance info at that time to make sure she was ok, she declined. Keep in mind we were dating at this time to. When she went in to have a doctor check out her shoulder, I offered to pay the co-pay and any prescription she might get, she declined.

She went off to college and I heard from her sparatically. She contacted me about two months after the accident and said that the fee for the doctor's visit showed up on her credit report and she demanded I pay for it. I had no problem doing that, this call was on a Wed; I told her to see me anytime after the following Mon. I didn't her from her for a few weeks, she'd only call to tell me she got drunk and partied.

Now today, 24 Feb 06, I get a txt message that she needs my insurance info to file a claim. I'm aware the statute of limitations is 2 yrs in Colorado, my question is this:

What can I do - I have no problem taking care of my responsibilities, but I feel this is more out of spite or retribution as I have declined to date her any further sometime ago. I know she's been partying and playing sports in college, I don't want to pay for something else that happened to her. I also know she has ridden on other motorcycles since then, but I'm not aware of any accidents, but I don't know for sure.

If she had wanted to file a claim immediately, I would have been all for it, but she waits this long after turning down everything I have offered up to this point.

What suggestions do you all have?

Thanks for anything...
Rev

Q: What suggestions do you all have?

A: Block her number.

Start dating her until the 2 years expires. Then dump her. ;)

Unfortunantly, that's what insurance is for. If she is still in the statute of limitations time, you'll need to provide the insurance info unless you want problems with your local DMV and your states laws regarding people injured in an accident you were party to.

Maybe if you give her your insurance info, she'll forget again, and then it'll be out of the statute period??

Good luck.

2kountry

Insurance

Let your insurance and their investigation take care of it. If she files a claim she will need proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">