• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

estevens

I reside and work in Maryland for a Virginia based LLC company with a satellite office here. The company car I was provided had a brake failure causing an accident which injured my upper arm and shoulder. Surgery is likely. No other vehicles were involved. The car is tagged in Virginia. My company's insurance is covering everything through its' HMO which has been a paper chase. Is there anything I can do to have more control over probable up coming procedures, and is my company responsible for any compensation?
Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

estevens said:
I reside and work in Maryland for a Virginia based LLC company with a satellite office here. The company car I was provided had a brake failure causing an accident which injured my upper arm and shoulder. Surgery is likely. No other vehicles were involved. The car is tagged in Virginia. My company's insurance is covering everything through its' HMO which has been a paper chase. Is there anything I can do to have more control over probable up coming procedures, and is my company responsible for any compensation?
Thanks.
My response:

You're entitled to Worker's Compensation benefits if the accident occurred during work hours. You also have a potential lawsuit against the manufacturer and / or the mechanic who last worked on those brakes.

So, to begin, get the W.C. forms from your employer or, take the entire package of claims and potential lawsuits to a Personal Injury attorney, and that attorney will make your W.C. claim for you. That attorney will also investigate the reasons for the brake failure and take appropriate action on your behalf.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">