• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about MINOR auto accident.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krisk

What is the name of your state? Location of accident: MD; Home State: VA

I was at a stop light two days ago with one car in front of me. While waiting for the green light, my car rolled into the back of the car in front of me (I guess I let the pressure off the brake a little, but didn't notice the movement until I hit the car). I'm guessing I was going 3mph, as I was only a few feet behind the vehicle when we were stopped.

We stepped out of our cars and quickly found no damage to either car (no surprise there). The other person made a "I have back problems" remark and asked for my name and phone number, which I gladly provided, but did not ask for insurance info. I didn't ask her for any info as I didn't view this as an issue.

Today, somebody claiming to be a friend of this other person called and talked to my wife about getting my insurance information since her friend "forgot" to get it the other day. She also made a comment that a police officer (police were not involved in the "accident") told her that if she could not get my insurance info then he would get it for her. Obviously my wife didn't provide any information to the caller.

I called my insurance company the day of the accident to give them a heads-up about the incident. And now that I think about it, I didn't tell the insurance company that I didn't give the other driver my insurance info.

What is the rule for providing insurance information? What are your general thoughts about how I should proceed? Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">