• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questioning Insurance Adjustor's Settlement Offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AnnieV01

I'm in Texas. Two months ago I was involved in a MVA. The other person's insurance company claimed full responsibility. I sustained a minor shoulder injury from impact due to the seatbelt. The same day I went to the emergency center and as instructed did a followup visit w/ my PCP a few days later. The ER doctor prescribed an anti-inflamatory and pain killers. My doctor prescribed muscle relaxers in addition to the other medication since I had developed spasms a few days later. I think I'm recovered and only required 1 other followup visit w/ my doctor who said that if the spasms stopped she would release me. I only missed 1 week of work. I don't know if I will ever require future care w/ regards to my shoulder injury which just gets sore every now and then. The insurance adjustor wants to settle and says that he will pay all medical, 1 weeks worth of wages and $700 in general damages. I just want to know if this is a fair settlement. People are telling me to get a lawyer and recover more money. The are saying that the adjustor is cheating me and that I'm due at least 3x the medical bills in addition to my lost wages. Is this true? :confused:

A

AnnieV01

My apologies...

Hi everyone. I failed to read the blue stuff at the top and found some neat replies to this all time favorite question. Thanks anyway. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">