• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question About Settlement!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wisconsin21

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

If I talked to the insurance company and told them I'd settle for $1200 and they said no and that they'd only offer $500 is all, but now I found out I can go for more cuz that $1200 is just the total of my medical bill and what my car was worth before this accident. I might have a lawyer to talk to and see if he can help me settle in case this needs to go to court but can I change my settlement price or not?? I didnt realize I could get pain and suffering, damages, lost wages and all that until now. I dont know what to do now or if I have to stick with that first price of $1200. Can someone please let me know or should I just find out from the lawyer in the morning??? Thanks guys!!

W

Wisconsin21

Sorry I forgot also that the lawyer I talked to also said that I should have been given a rental car which I was not. It's been 3 months now and I'm still without a car. I had to use a family car when I could and I have nephews to take to school and pick up after school which I havent been able to do much of without my car. I can only use a car here when someone else is home and will let me use theirs. How can I find a fair amount to settle for?? Sorry but I forgot to include all that up above. Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">