• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ran over 3 times by husband need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pitsandpaws

What is the name of your state? Texas.
I am the victum of a crime in which i dont know what to do. My husband and I had purchased a boat and had picked it up. We were on our way to pick my car when there was an argument started.
We were arguing and He threatened to take me down this old road and kill me and I knew he was serious. (There is plenty of documentation in the adjoining county to prove wiolance)) As he slowed to take a corner( which he didn't stop at stop sign) I proceded in getting out of the vehicle while makeing the corner and he was at a slow spee, I rolled and he made the curve and the
boat trailer ran over me.
He stopped the vehical and got out. He came over and as I thought he was going to assist me, He LOOKED me right in the eyes, got back in the truck , put in in reverse, and ran over me again!! Then, he put the truck in drive again, and proceded to run over me one more tim!!. Needless to say I thought I was going to die. Thanks to everyone there that saved my life!!
What I need to know is.. there any kind of assistance that can help me with this tragady and recovery process.
I am unable to do anything due to the numerious broken - ribs, vertabraites, punctured ling and broken collar bone. I have a 6 year old son that is the world to me, and parents that have put themselfs out to help me and my son.
I don't know what this going to do to my son. He has seen plenty of abuse to me. (never to him) I know we need counsling.
But I really need financial assistance, grants and such.

What is out there for me?

Some Random Guy

Long and involved story ending in attempted murder by husband, then
I know we need counsling.
Apparently he ran over your head, because you don't need counseling, you need to have him in prison for a very long time and you need to divorce him. I sure hope that nobody gives you any "financial assistance, grants and such" so long as you continue to assist him in his violence by putting up with it.

Just Blue

pitsandpaws said:
What is the name of your state? Texas.
I am the victum of a crime in which i dont know what to do. My husband and I had purchased a boat and had picked it up. We were on our way to pick my car when there was an argument started.
We were arguing and He threatened to take me down this old road and kill me and I knew he was serious. (There is plenty of documentation in the adjoining county to prove wiolance)) As he slowed to take a corner( which he didn't stop at stop sign) I proceded in getting out of the vehicle while makeing the corner and he was at a slow spee, I rolled and he made the curve and the
boat trailer ran over me.
He stopped the vehical and got out. He came over and as I thought he was going to assist me, He LOOKED me right in the eyes, got back in the truck , put in in reverse, and ran over me again!! Then, he put the truck in drive again, and proceded to run over me one more tim!!. Needless to say I thought I was going to die. Thanks to everyone there that saved my life!!
What I need to know is.. there any kind of assistance that can help me with this tragady and recovery process.
I am unable to do anything due to the numerious broken - ribs, vertabraites, punctured ling and broken collar bone. I have a 6 year old son that is the world to me, and parents that have put themselfs out to help me and my son.
I don't know what this going to do to my son. He has seen plenty of abuse to me. (never to him) I know we need counsling.
But I really need financial assistance, grants and such.

What is out there for me?

I would like to say how sorry I am that you suffered such a terrible assault.....I think the best place for you to turn ia a Domestic Violence Hotline....They will tell you what options are available to you in Texas....State aid , medical help, day care...ect...

Good Luck to you and a speedy recovery....bay

Just Blue

Some Random Guy said:
Long and involved story ending in attempted murder by husband, then

Apparently he ran over your head, because you don't need counseling, you need to have him in prison for a very long time and you need to divorce him. I sure hope that nobody gives you any "financial assistance, grants and such" so long as you continue to assist him in his violence by putting up with it.

You know....OP didn't say that he was in jail for this....but I kind of assumed he was....OP IS your husband in jail?? :confused:

bay

pitsandpaws

ABSOLUTELY HE IS IN JAIL!!!!!!!!!

That son of a B&%^tch tried to kill me.
I filled for a divorce 6 months ago. I corroperated only for our son.
The innocent child in this hurts me so much.

It has only been 10 days and I am alive and strong and this will not defeat me. Just set me back awhile.

But, I need finacial help and being a victum of crime, I think surly texas has some kinda program. Anyone have any help?

Just Blue

pitsandpaws said:
ABSOLUTELY HE IS IN JAIL!!!!!!!!!

That son of a B&%^tch tried to kill me.
I filled for a divorce 6 months ago. I corroperated only for our son.
The innocent child in this hurts me so much.

It has only been 10 days and I am alive and strong and this will not defeat me. Just set me back awhile.

But, I need finacial help and being a victum of crime, I think surly texas has some kinda program. Anyone have any help?
Well...That good to hear! Don't take what SRG said to close to heart....a LOT of woman (and men too!) cover up for spouses that abuse then....check out the domestic violence site!

You should call a dv hotline....or you can try the dv unit at the court house or the police dept....In Mass. there is a Victim Witness fund...but I don't now if Texas has that....I googled and couldn't find anthing on it....So give them a call along withthe hotline....and let us know how things go!! Does your husband have auto insurance? They should cover your medical .....call a personal injury lawer...you need to start a suit! Sue that POS!!!

Good luck!

bay

Some Random Guy

Excellent to hear that he's in jail and you are getting a divorce! I wanted to make that clear since you left it out of the original story.

Definitely pursue the auto insurance claim, with a lawyer if necessary. You will get a lot of pushback from the insurer because you jumped out of a moving vehicle. However, since the remaining (substantial) injuries were intentional on the driver's part, you should still have a valid claim.

gawm

you're not going to be posting here a couple of months from now asking how to change his lawyer to get him out of jail, are you ? I'm sorry to say but if you would of press charges and left him the first time he hit you this never would of happened! You are very lucky to be alive, I hope he rots in jail!

phrecklesrsexy

gawm said:
you're not going to be posting here a couple of months from now asking how to change his lawyer to get him out of jail, are you ? I'm sorry to say but if you would of press charges and left him the first time he hit you this never would of happened! You are very lucky to be alive, I hope he rots in jail!
Shoulda woulda coulda are the 3 most ineffective words in the English language. They do almost no good for anyone. This post does no good for the original poster except to take up space and make her feel worse. Cut her some slack.

gawm

pitsandpaws said:
We were arguing and He threatened to take me down this old road and kill me and I knew he was serious. (There is plenty of documentation in the adjoining county to prove wiolance))
I'm sorry but she should of got out of this relationship a long time ago. If someone "woulda" told her that way back when...Somebody probably did tell her way back when. Don't get me wrong, I feel badly for her. The only reason I'm telling her now so in ten or fifteen years from now she don't make the same mistake when he gets out of jail!

phrecklesrsexy

gawm said:
I'm sorry but she should of got out of this relationship a long time ago. If someone "woulda" told her that way back when...Somebody probably did tell her way back when. Don't get me wrong, I feel badly for her. The only reason I'm telling her now so in ten or fifteen years from now she don't make the same mistake when he gets out of jail!
Those are good intentions but advice of that nature received here probably just isn't going to go anywhere. People in those situations know what they need to do, but it takes a lot of courage to do it and sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to do it. So you gotta let em hit rock bottom and then let them make their own decisions, free of any advice except what is actually asked for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">