• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear End Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jessrn6

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was driving at about 7pm, when the car in front of me missed her exit and stopped dead in the middle of the road right in front of me. She didnt even have her signal light on. I rear ended the vehicle. As soon as she got out of her vehicle she stated that "it was her fault, because she missed her exit". When the police officer showed up he repeatedly asked her if she was okay, and she stated that she was fine. Now 3 years later she is trying to sue me for $250,000. I know that the MA law states that an operator of a motor vehicle has to be in control of their vehicle at ALL times, but if she was in control of her vehicle this accident would have never occured. What should I do?

Jessrn6

I still have the same insurance company as I did then. And they have all of the info, but I was still summonsed to court.

teflon_jones

If you have the appropriate coverage, your insurance company should provide you with a lawyer for your court date. You should call the company to confirm this. You will need to go to court as many times as it takes to resolve this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">