• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-end accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Connie09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma
I was driving in slow traffic when I noticed in my rear view mirror a car approaching at a very high rate of speed, I flashed my brake lights a couple of times and apparently it didn't make any differents. I was hit in the rear and pushed forward, hurting my neck and back, my airbag did not open, I stayed in my car until the ambulance arrived. The other driver was fine and did not come over to see how I was. As of right now primary evaluation is that my car is totaled. My car has a bluebook value of about $6000 how much do you feel I would get for my car if it's totaled?
His insurance company has offered $3000 for medical and $500 for pain and suffering. What I want to know is am I able to sue for pain and suffering or get some kind of punitive damages? I still owe $400 dollars on my $23,000
car should I pay it off now?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

You will get the actual cash value of your vehicle, which will probably be somewhat less then 'blue book' which is usually very inflated. They will pay off your loan and the rest of the money will go to you.

You will not, can not, and should not get any punitive damages from this accident. Punitive damages are rare in auto accidents and you have not described any special situation which would warrent them.

And of COURSE your airbags didn't go off, you were hit in the BACK.

Mass_Shyster

My car has a bluebook value of about $6000 how much do you feel I would get for my car if it's totaled?
His insurance company has offered $3000 for medical and $500 for pain and suffering. What I want to know is am I able to sue for pain and suffering or get some kind of punitive damages? I still owe $400 dollars on my $23,000
car should I pay it off now?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You should get your car to an appraiser and get an actual value. I recently received a lowball offer from an insurance company. My Bluebook value shows $4600, and my licensed appraiser appraised it at $3844. The insurance company offered $1100.

My court date is next month.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">