• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear end accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dean0

I was merging onto I-95 and had an accident. I followed a car onto the acceleration lane and noticed that she could merge in front of an oncoming semi-truck. I was looking out my side window to make sure there was not a car behind the semi. When I looked out front, the car in front was on her brakes for some unknown reason except I guess she was uncomfortable about getting on the interstate in front of the semi. Needless to say, I ran into the back of her car. I was not tailgating and just barely clipped the right rear of her car. I was ticketed for careless driving because I ran into the back of another car. I am wondering if I should take this to court to get rid of the points and fine. The Florida Drivers Handbook states that when on the entrance ramp, check for an opening in traffic, and SPEED UP to match the speed of traffic. It also says not to stop on an acceleration lane unless traffic is too heavy. Should I persue this in court? All I want is the points and the fine dropped because I was not being careless. The driver of the car in front of me just didn't know proper procedures to merger onto an interstate. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">