• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear End Accident - Serious back injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ez2love

What is the name of your state?
I live in Southern California and I'm insured by 21st Century since the late 80s. I was involved in a rear-end accident in late October. I was rear ended by an uninsured driver while waiting at a red light exiting the freeway. The driver was on a cellphone and never saw me. The driver was in a car and I drive an SUV so the damage to my vehicle was approximately $700 because the car literally slid under my truck. I was the only passenger and was sitting twisted to the right going through CDs on my passenger seat and, consequently, did not see this person coming and didn't realize I was hit until impact. Before the accident, I had no back problems but following the accident I had pain in my upper shoulders, head, neck and lower back. After I gave my initial statement to the insurance company, the adjuster made one phone call introducing herself and then never returned any phone calls to this day. I called her constantly asking for information on how I could see a doctor as I was hurting. I called a chiropracter friend who referred me to an attorney. I visited the chiropracter for two and one half months. All the pain subsided except my lower back. After being referred to an orthopedic surgeon and an MRI [now in his care for another 2 1/2 months], it was found that I have two ruptured disks in my lower back - aggravated by the accident. The ortho has indicated that the problem was probably there (although asymptomatic) but the impact of the rear end collision caused a domino effect that essentially has made me disabled. I carry full coverage - $100,000 uninsured modorist bodily injury on my policy. My lawyer and my docters are all worried about collecting money from this case as the medical bills are approx. $5,000. My lawyer says this case will go to arbitration. Can someone give me advice as to my chances of collecting loss wages and a settlement since I've been out of work since December, the chances of my back remaining the same forever if I don't have surgery are great. Does the insurance company have a leg to stand on trying to say that $700 worth of damage could not have caused this much pain and suffering. I'd be interested in discussing this. Thanks. ez

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">