• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear End Collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blue In KY

i live in kentucky.... i was rear ended on october 17, 2002.. immediately after the collision i had a headache, minor neck, back and shoulder pain....here is my problem.. i was on my way to my childrens school to pick them up.. when i was rear ended.. there was no damage to either of our cars, so we waited 20-30 minutes before we left.... we got no police report of the accident. we did exchange names, phone numbers and addresses.. but no insurance information... what are my options now since i didn't get her insurance info or a police report...

JETX

I would first check with your local police or state police. A lot of states require/allow you to file a 'blue form' (or similar) for any accident over a certain amount or if a certain level of injuries are involved. This would allow you to file a post-accident report listing the parties and the basics of the accident. At least you can document the issue now in anticipation of needing later.

As for your immediate concern, have you tried contacting the other driver?? If so, did they acknowledge their involvement?? Rather than mention your injuries (and scare them off), you might tell them that you have reported the accident to YOUR insurance company and that they now need the other drivers insurance information.....

Finally, you can consider taking legal action against the other driver. It will just be MUCH harder to prove your case due to your lack of information and reporting. Hope you have learned another of "Life's Lessons"...... ALWAYS get the other drivers full information and ALWAYS get a police report.... even if inconvenient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">