• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear End Collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

desertrat

What is the name of your state? CA

Rear ended someone at a restaurant at about 1-3 mph. Other driver got out and looked at the bumpers. I asked if there was damage and he said to come take a look which I did.

I told the other driver that it appeared that there was no damage. He got back into his vehicle and left. Did not ask for my insurance, nor did I ask for his. Before he left the parking lot, he took down my license tag number.

1) Am I going to get into trouble for not exchanging insurance information? I did not leave the scene without inspecting the bumpers first.

2) If he were to pursue action, how much does it hurt his case that he left without requesting insurance information from me? I am concerned about paying for other people's damage to his car because he complained "why am i always getting rear-ended?"

Thanks in advance for your replies

DR

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">