• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear end collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

warren wood

i was hit from behind by a lady in michigan. she gave me all her information for insurance and registration but it was rush hour and she seemed honest and in a hurry. i let her leave instead of waiting for the police to show. it was a minor accident and no one was hurt. now she doesn't return my calls and the car was registered under another persons name. am i without rights? the info she gave was correct, but the insurance company has not been notified. what avenues could i take so i do not get scammed? i do not want to be taken advantage of, any advice would be welcomed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

warren wood said:
i was hit from behind by a lady in michigan. she gave me all her information for insurance and registration but it was rush hour and she seemed honest and in a hurry. i let her leave instead of waiting for the police to show. it was a minor accident and no one was hurt. now she doesn't return my calls and the car was registered under another persons name. am i without rights? the info she gave was correct, but the insurance company has not been notified. what avenues could i take so i do not get scammed? i do not want to be taken advantage of, any advice would be welcomed.
My response:

Since you can't force her, or the owner, to report the same to their insurance company, all you can do is make a claim for your damages through your own insurance company, and then sue her and the owner in Small Claims court for the return of your deductible.

Or, you can sue her and the owner for the whole amount in Small Claims court and not involve your own insurance company.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">