• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-End Collison Not at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wavesofsteel

What is the name of your state? MA

I was stopped at a red light in New York with 1 passenger in the car when I was rear-ended by by a pickup truck going about 35 mph. The damage to the back of my car is enough to total it.

The police already informed me that the person that hit me was 100% at fault. I'm confident that insurance will cover the damage to my car but both my passenger and I are both now experiencing some serious back and neck pains from the impact. I'm not sure if I should just let my injury wear off or if I should seek medical help and sue?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wavesofsteel said:
What is the name of your state? MA

I was stopped at a red light in New York with 1 passenger in the car when I was rear-ended by by a pickup truck going about 35 mph. The damage to the back of my car is enough to total it.

The police already informed me that the person that hit me was 100% at fault. I'm confident that insurance will cover the damage to my car but both my passenger and I are both now experiencing some serious back and neck pains from the impact. I'm not sure if I should just let my injury wear off or if I should seek medical help and sue?

My response:

Okay, it sounds as if you're in need to ask someone's permission to seek medical attention, and legal advice. As to both of those concepts, you have my permission.

IAAL

C

Clearsound

dude

yes, go to your doctor or an ER injuries dont always 'feel" at first sometimes they take days. neck injuries are the most common, and often can go undetected. MOST DEF go to a real doctor and get them checked out.

have them document everything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">