• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-end low speed collision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

taxpayer

What is the name of your state? ............... Texas

Need some help/advice.

My wife rear-ended an elderly couple a few weeks ago. It was a low speed collision (maybe 15 mph). The car she hit was forced into another car in front of them. My wife's car sustained about $9000 in damages. The other two about $2000 a piece. Nobody had any noticeable injuries at the scene. Our insurance company has made payments on all the property damage.

Now the elderly couple have got a lawyer and are going to a chiropractor. Our insurance has $100,000 bodily injury limits per person. Now all this has obviously got me worried.

What typically happens in cases like this? What if they get more than $100,000 each? Can our bank account, cars, house, or belongings be taken by the court?

Thanks for any advice.

Alex02

$100,000 .. you dont need to be worried. I got into an accident like the one you described but at around 25mph. The person i rear ended went to a chiropractior and im in collection for around $10k (not including prop damage). you have NOTHIN to worry about!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">