• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Steveww

I was recently involved in a traffic accident. I was on a two lane highway State route 40 and was pullling into my driveway when I was struck from behind. I was knocked out and taken to the emergency room, and later released with a concussion and neck sprain. The other driver stated in the accident report that he thought I was about to pass a salt truck. yes it was snowing . He was cited for assured clear distance. My question is this since He was passing over solid yellow line and at an intersection that was on a crest and you can't see on comming traffic , and trying to pass two vehicals on an icy slippery no passing area, shouldn't he have been cited for a more serious or multiple citations. Can the accident report be modified and should I pursue this? could this effect my claim?

H

hexeliebe

Since there are numerous State Route 40s in this country (Missouri, Tennessee, Ohio just to name a few) then if you expect some help you might want to tell us.....

WHERE THE HELL THIS HAPPENED!!! :rolleyes:

S

Steveww

Sorry, not feeling too well or thinking too clearly. It was Ohio in preble county. It was the Preble county sheriff department who responded. Thanks

S

Steveww

rear ended

After reading my first Post I realized it didn't cantain all the information. We were both traveling West and my house in on the Left. I was turning left from the right side of the Highway to turn into my driveway. He was trying to pass. You cannot see oncoming traffic. The intersection is 200 feet from my driveway. By his own admission he was trying to pass over a solid yellow line and at an intersection where you cannot see on comming traffic beyound the 200 feet.

racer72

It is not your call as to the citation that the at fault driver did and may recieve. Worry about getting well and getting your car fixed, there is absolutely nothing you can do about the other driver. The number and type of citations the driver recieves will have no bearing at all with your claims against his insurance company.

K

kay1330

You should be happy he got a ticket, I was hit by a huge snowplow that did not stop at a stop sign, and he did not get any ticket, he got to go right back to his normal life. While I lay at home an suffer with a sprained neck and ribs out of place. Good luck and get better, I am still in pain after more than a month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">