• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sashir

What is the name of your state? CA
Hello,
I was stopped at a metering light on an on-ramp to a freeway. A car failed to stop in time and rear-ended me.

There is significant damage to my rear bumper (and maybe body too). There was no physical injury to anyone.The other party accepted fault and I filed a claim with his insurance company. They are currently investigating.

My question is : Am I entitled to any "depreciation" or "loss of value" that my car experiences due to the accident? It has not been involved in any other accidents in the past. If so, how should I go about claiming this?

ecmst12

Probably not, but google "diminished value California" for more information. Not all states recognize this type of claim.

ecmst12

You need to remove the advertising from your signature, and don't post unless you have something MEANINGFUL to add to the conversation. Echoing someone else's post is pointless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">