• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear-ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cooper

my brother and i were rear-ended by a car from new jersey in new york last march. the car from new jersey had been hit by a new york city garbage truck which caused him to slam into us. both of us were injured and have substantial medical bills and continuing pain. we are considering bringing a lawsuit but don't know who to sue and for how much. does anyone have any suggestions?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cooper said:
my brother and i were rear-ended by a car from new jersey in new york last march. the car from new jersey had been hit by a new york city garbage truck which caused him to slam into us. both of us were injured and have substantial medical bills and continuing pain. we are considering bringing a lawsuit but don't know who to sue and for how much. does anyone have any suggestions?
My response:

You didn't say when this accident happened, but you have a limited amount of time to file your "Government Claim for Damages" against the City of New York with regard to their garbage truck. That is an ABSOLUTE must, before you do anything.

Eventually however, you'll need to include everyone behind you in a combined lawsuit (the car driver, the garbage truck driver, the City of New York), including the Mafia (being as how the "Giancana" and "Gambino" crime families control the garbage industry in New York). Louie (the Banana) Bonano will make a one-time visit to you guys, and make you an offer you can't refuse. Either that, or he'll cap your knees.

You guys should see a New York attorney as soon as possible.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">