• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rear ended

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dayle

Ohio--My car was hit while it was parked on the street, I was asleep at the time. I guess the guy had just left the bar, but he was not over the limit. He also had no insurance, but like an idiot I haven't done anything about it for about 4 years. Is it to late to take him to court and do I have a case?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dayle said:
Ohio--My car was hit while it was parked on the street, I was asleep at the time. I guess the guy had just left the bar, but he was not over the limit. He also had no insurance, but like an idiot I haven't done anything about it for about 4 years. Is it to late to take him to court and do I have a case?
My response:

The Statute of Limitations in Ohio for property damage is 2 years from the date of damage.

Yes, I would say you blew it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">