• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear ended + back injury + property damage = settlement ? $$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mickey_mouse

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hi
Ill make this quick

I got rear ended while on snowy/icy road when i was stoped at red light. impact pushed car forward around 6 feet. damage on my car is a slit about 4 inches wide, offenders car had no damage. I filed police report immediately but did not go to the hospital because injuries seemed subtle. 10 days later went into emergency and they found nothing wrong on xrays, they suggested i see my doctor and take ibuprofen. my tail bone is still swolen.

cost to repair car is $900.00 by my own estimate at dealer. but insurance (usaa) company will only pay 500 which is what they estimated.

medical bill should be at least 1500 bucks and i also didn't go to work for 6 days (i make 30 bucks and hour)

question: I will be getting an offer soon, what would be a good number to settle for once medical treatment is over?

I should mention i did not have insurance at time of accident. but i don't know if that matters

Thanks !

ecmst12

You take the estimate that USAA gave you to your body shop, along with their payment, and tell them this is what the insurance company is giving you to work with. If there is additional damage beyond that, they can contact USAA and get approval for additional payment. Your property damage settlement has nothing to do with your injury claim.

We absolutely can not tell you what your injury is worth. Only you can decide that, AFTER treatment is complete and you know what your total medical bill cost will be. With a minor soft tissue injury, don't expect a gold mine, but you should get something for your pain.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">