• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rear Ended Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Allyson_Memphis

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was driving around my neighborhood and rear-ended a parked car (no one was in it). The people who own the car have full coverage insurance and uninsured motorist insurance. I do not have insurance. They have decided not to file their insurance and instead would like me to pay them cash. If I refuse to pay them cash, can they sue me for the cash even though they have but wont file their uninsured motorist insurance?

HomeGuru

Allyson_Memphis said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was driving around my neighborhood and rear-ended a parked car (no one was in it). The people who own the car have full coverage insurance and uninsured motorist insurance. I do not have insurance. They have decided not to file their insurance and instead would like me to pay them cash. If I refuse to pay them cash, can they sue me for the cash even though they have but wont file their uninsured motorist insurance?
**A: yes, they can sue you.

xrevvyx

I sure hope they do .. (win that is)

They have uninsured motorist on their policy to protect THEM - not to release you of any liability -

if you think they should use THEIR insurance to cover you for YOUR mistake - then maybe you should offer to pay them their deductible PLUS any surcharges they will incur for an accident that was clearly 100% YOUR fault -

this has GOT to be a joke - no one could be THIS stupid ..

K

knotcops

Uninsured motorist coverage covers the insured for MEDICAL payments as a result of an accident with someone that has no liability insurance. It does not fix the car.

You will be on the hook for the repairs to the other vehicle, and yes they can sue you.

Next time, don't cheap out and carry insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">